Higher National Diploma Programmes
Higher National Diploma Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering is a dynamic and evolving subject. It is not a subject that needs to be taught, but one needs to be developed continuously. The course has been designed to provide future graduates with a sound knowledge of various manufacturing principles and practices. Those who complete this program will gain the intellectual, technical, creative, and personal qualities necessary to handle any manufacturing-related issues and problems. Also, they have a chance to join the final year of manufacturing Engineering degree, which Coventry University UK awards.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
LevelHigher National Diploma
MethodFull Time / Part Time
- Those who have completed the Advanced Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering from the NIBM
- Those who have completed the National Diploma in Technology (NDT) from the University of Moratuwa.
- Those who have completed Engineering Diploma from the recognized University.
- Colombo (Part Time) – 21st August 2021
Course structure and modules
- Engineering materials and manufacturing technology
- Electronics & electrical principles
- Creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Maintenance engineering
- Automation and robotics in manufacturing
- Manufacturing accountancy
- Work systems designs and occupational ergonomics
- Project management
- Manufacturing system thinking
- Product design and development