Higher National Diploma Programmes
Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (Full-Time)
Logistics Management is the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption to meet customers’ requirements (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)).
Logistics is a dynamic and evolving area. It is not a subject that needs to be taught, but one needs to be continuously developed. The managerial discipline associated with logistics continues to transform the competitive landscape and has become one of today’s key business drivers. Both the academic and business world now accept the need to adopt a complete view of logistics and acknowledge that it should be treated as a distinct management operation and function in its own right. Consequently, interest in the professional study of logistics continues to grow in all private and public sector organizations.
The program aims to develop the strategic vision of the participants to manage their sphere of activity, focuses on the development of creative thinking and innovative management, and encourages context and situation-specific learning.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
LevelHigher National Diploma
Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management
- Those who have completed the course work of the Advanced National Diploma in Logistics Management (Full Time) program are eligible to enter the Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (second year of the degree).
- Those who have completed the Advanced Diploma level program from the NIBM or a recognized institution (upon validation of the Diploma by NIBM) are eligible to enrol for the Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (second year of the degree)
- Colombo Campus – 15th December 2021 (Full Time)
- Colombo Campus – 23rd January 2022 (Part Time)
Course structure and modules
Modules for HND (Full-Time)
- Research Methods
- Procurement Management
- Industrial Law and Industrial Relations
- Demand Management
- Free Zone, Hub, and Port Operations
- Warehousing and Inventory Control Management
- Materials Management
- Financial Accounting
- Developments in Import and Export Trades
- Industrial Marketing
- Lean Six Sigma Quality for Supply Chain
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- International Trade Theories
- Transportation Decision Analysis
- Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management
- CREST Program
- Industrial Training
- Course Fee: LKR 400,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 5,000
- All payment can be made in installments
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB & NDB banks. Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities.