Higher National Diploma Programmes
Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (Part-Time)
Logistics Management is the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption to meet customers’ requirements (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)).
Logistics is a dynamic and evolving area. It is not a subject that needs to be taught, but one needs to be continuously developed. The managerial discipline associated with logistics continues to transform the competitive landscape and has become one of today’s key business drivers. Both the academic and business world now accept the need to adopt a complete view of logistics and acknowledge that it should be treated as a distinct management operation and function in its own right. Consequently, interest in the professional study of logistics continues to grow in all private and public sector organizations.
The program aims to develop the strategic vision of the participants to manage their sphere of activity, focuses on the development of creative thinking and innovative management, and encourages context and situation-specific learning.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
LevelHigher National Diploma
Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management
- Those who have completed the course work of the Advanced National Diploma in Logistics Management (Part-time) program are eligible to enter the Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (second year of the degree).
- Those who have completed the Advanced Diploma level program (NVQ level 5) from the NIBM or a recognized institution (upon validation of the Diploma by NIBM) with required experience are eligible to enrol for the Higher National Diploma in Logistics Management (second year of the degree)
- Colombo – 16th October 2022
Course structure and modules
Module Structure (Part-Time)
- Industrial Marketing
- Accounting For Materials Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning (Erp)
- Procurement And Supplies Management
- Transportation Decision Analysis
- Import And Export Management
- Demand Management
- Developments In Import And Export Trades
- Lean Six Sigma Quality For Supply Chain
- Creativity, Innovation, And Entrepreneurship
- Individual Research
- Course Fee – LKR 400,000
- Registration Fee – LKR 5,000