Higher National Diploma Programmes
Higher National Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance (Part-Time)
The Higher National Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance is considered as the second level and second year of the BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance Degree program conducted by the National Institute of Business Management in collaboration with Coventry University, UK. The duration of the program is one academic year. Those eligible for Higher National Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance are either those students who have completed the Advanced Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance course conducted by NIBM or any student who has sat for the Advanced Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance course conducted by NIBM with pending results.
During the program the students will be exposed to a wide range of advanced subjects in banking and finance, most of them are applications of the knowledge in core banking modules and relevant financial, economics and accounting modules.
LevelHigher National Diploma
- To prepare participants for career opportunities existing in local and international organizations.
- To provide a broad exposure to banking, finance and technology perspective and to emphasize disruptive technology.
- To introduce participants to the key functional areas in banking, finance and technology and to provide the required knowledge, skills and attitude shifts.
- To equip participants with the essential proficiencies of facing the challenges in contemporary business finance and banking field.
- Those who have successfully completed the Advanced Diploma in Digital Banking and Finance
- Those who have successfully completed the Diploma in Applied Banking and Finance offered by IBSL with 5 years’ work experience ( Condition: Must follow the short course( 10 days)-Technology of Banking and Finance offered by NIBM)
- Those who have successfully completed the Post graduate Diploma in Bank Management offered by IBSL with 3 years’ work experience ( Condition: Must follow the short course ( 10 days) – Technology of Banking and Finance offered by NIBM)
- Colombo – May 2023
Course structure and modules
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Investment Banking
- Financial Institution Management
- Principles of Finance
- Treasury/ Fund Management
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Financial Market Operations
- Management Information Systems for Banking
- Employability Skills in Finance and Banking
- Individual project and Industrial Training
- Course Fee: LKR 400,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 5,000