BSc (Hons) Data Science
The BSc (Hons) Data Science degree, awarded by Coventry University will provide students with essential training in probability, statistics, mathematics and computational concepts and techniques for the visualisation, modelling and analysis of large datasets. This skills-rich degree will provide students with the necessary training for employment in numerous fields as a data scientist, analyst, or similar, requiring a critical and independent mind as well as problem solving.
Ninety percent of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone, rendering traditional data processing applications inadequate and increasing the demand for sophisticated data analysts who can collate, interpret and draw value from complex data sets.
Businesses and organisations from almost every sector have woken up to the power of data analytics. Used effectively, they can inform decision making within business and finance, predict and dispense medical treatment within the healthcare system and help improve performance in sports or interpret data from smartphone apps.
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
DepartmentBusiness Analytics Centre
CampusKIC / Kirulapone /
MethodFull Time / Part Time
For entry into Year 1: Advanced Diploma in Data Science
- Advanced Level (Local/International) qualification with three simple passes (i.e. 3 S passes) from the Science stream (Maths or Bio) or the Technology stream.
- Any advanced Level (Local/International) qualification (i.e. 3 S passes) with sounds Mathematical and IT knowledge.
For entry into Year 2: Higher National Diploma in Data Science
- Successful completion of Advanced Diploma in Data Science from NIBM
For entry into Year 3: BSc (Hons) Data Science
- Successful completion of Higher National diploma in Data Science from NIBM
- Kandy KIC: 22nd February 2022
Course structure and modules
Year 01 : Advanced Diploma in Data Science
- Introduction To Programming In Python And R
- Calculus For Data Science
- Linear Algebra For Data Science
- Statistics 1 For Data Science And Business Analytics
- Principles Of Economics – Microeconomics For Data Science
- Introduction To Business Management
- Introduction To Finance
- Marketing Management
- Statistics 2 For Data Science And Business Analytics
- Sql Databases For Data Science And Business Analytics
- Use Of Nosql Databases For Data Science
- English For Academic Purposes
- Data Science Project 1
Year 02 : Higher National Diploma in Data Science
- Data Visualization Using D3.Js
- Data Visualization And Interactive Dashboards Using Python
- Data Visualization Using R And Tableau
- Linux Command Line, Bash Programming, And Git
- Information Retrieval And Analytics
- Principles Of Economics – Macroeconomics For Data Science
- Computational Finance
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analysis
- Deep Learning
- Customer And Operations Analytics
- Data Science Project 2
Year 03 : BSc (Hons) Data Science (awarded by Coventry University)
- Cryptography and Information Theory
- Machine Learning and Related Applications
- Advanced Topics in Statistic
- Professional Practice
- Final Year Project
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information
- Year 1 – Advanced Diploma in Data Science
Course Fee: LKR 200,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 2,000
- Year 2– Higher Diploma in Data Science
Course Fee: LKR 350,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 2,000
- Year 3– BSc (Hons) Data Science
Course Fee: LKR 700,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 5,000
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB & NDB banks. Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities.