Bachelor of Information Technology
The information technology industry is central to the way we work, learn, play, communicate and socialise. Build a strong foundation with core IT skills you can apply to multiple industries and technologies anywhere in the world. Through Deakin’s Bachelor of Information Technology you’ll gain the essential skills and experience required to embark on a career in IT, while developing in-depth knowledge in a specialised area of your choosing such as cloud computing, game development or cyber security.
This course will give you the opportunity to explore and experiment in areas like programming, networking, entrepreneurship and user-centered design. You’ll undertake a specialized capstone project and access co-working spaces, that enable you to collaborate with like-minded peers and kickstart your own professional network. An honours year is available for high-achieving students interested in undertaking a focused research project.
DurationOne year Diploma or two year HND pathway to Deakin.
For entry into Year 1 pathway at NIBM
- Diploma in Computer System Design (DCSD)
- A/L Option: Minimum 2 passes at G.C.E A/L in any stream
- O/L Option: Sat for G.C.E A/L in any stream
- Passed G.C.E O/L with 5 credits including credits for Mathematics, Science or ICT and English
- NIBM Option: Successfully completed the International Foundation in Computer Science at NIBM
For entry into Year 2 pathway at NIBM
- Higher National Diploma in Information Systems (HNDIS)
- Successfully completed the Diploma in Computer System Design (DCSD)
- Twelve (12) Credits from the twenty-four (24) credits required to complete the Bachelor of Business Analytics will be awarded to students who successfully complete the Higher National Diploma in Information Systems (HNDIS)
- Students are required to complete the remaining twelve (12) credits at Deakin University, Australia to be awarded the Bachelor of Business Analytics degree
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B
- Colombo Campus Year 1 – 24th March 2022