Bachelor of Business Analytics
Launch a career in the booming world of business insights with Deakin’s Bachelor of Business Analytics. Through rigorous applied study, you’ll become a confident business analytics translator capable of unlocking innovative solutions for business using data insights.
In Victoria’s longest running specialised business analytics course, you’ll learn practical commercial skills to interpret data and information, so you can solve complex organisational problems and create opportunities for businesses. Work on real-world projects, practise with the analysis tools used by professionals and get industry experience translating insights into impact. Better still, the strategic input of our industry partners, including IBM, Deloitte and PwC, feeds into the course content ensuring you graduate with a degree that’s built for the needs of business, today and into the future.
Ready to lead critical business decisions with data-driven insights?
Business analytics requires people who understand how businesses structure their information architecture and how technology can improve processes, products and services. You will get exposure and practice in packages including SAS and Tableau.
Through this course, you’ll develop critical thinking and analysis skills through topics like:
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Data Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Information Security and Governance
- Planning Commercial Systems
- Processes and Workflows
- Professional and Business Ethics
- Project Management
You’ll also have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with a work-integrated learning unit, with options for community-based volunteering, team projects or business internships.
Your world-class business education will be supported by teachers who are active field professionals with industry connections.
You’ll benefit from the latest knowledge, strategies and approaches to learning and the opportunity to grow your professional network before you graduate.
Those who complete the NIBM diploma in Information Systems can proceed to the BSc Information Technology degree of the Deakin University Australia.
DurationOne year Diploma or two year HND pathway to Deakin.
For entry into Year 1 pathway at NIBM
- Diploma in Computer System Design (DCSD)
- A/L Option: Minimum 2 passes at G.C.E A/L in any stream
- O/L Option: Sat for G.C.E A/L in any stream
- Passed G.C.E O/L with 5 credits including credits for Mathematics, Science or ICT and English
- NIBM Option: Successfully completed the International Foundation in Computer Science at NIBM
For entry into Year 2 pathway at NIBM
- Higher National Diploma in Information Systems (HNDIS)
- Successfully completed the Diploma in Computer System Design (DCSD)
- Twelve (12) Credits from the twenty-four (24) credits required to complete the Bachelor of Business Analytics will be awarded to students who successfully complete the Higher National Diploma in Information Systems (HNDIS)
- Students are required to complete the remaining twelve (12) credits at Deakin University, Australia to be awarded the Bachelor of Business Analytics degree
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B
- Colombo Campus – April 2021