Advanced Diploma Programmes
Advanced Diploma in Logistics Management (Full-Time)
Logistics Management is the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption to meet customers’ requirements (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)).
Logistics is a dynamic and evolving area. It is not a subject that needs to be taught, but one needs to be continuously developed. The managerial discipline associated with logistics continues to transform the competitive landscape and has become one of today’s key business drivers. Both the academic and business world now accept the need to adopt a complete view of logistics and acknowledge that it should be treated as a distinct management operation and function in its own right. Consequently, interest in the professional study of logistics continues to grow in all private and public sector organizations.
The program aims to develop the strategic vision of the participants to manage their sphere of activity, focuses on the development of creative thinking and innovative management, and encourages context and situation-specific learning.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
CampusColombo / Galle / KIC /
For entry into Year 1: Advanced National Diploma in Logistics Management
- Those who have sat for General Certificate of Education in Advanced Level (GCE A/L) and qualified with a minimum of three (03) simple passes are eligible for the first year of the degree program
- Those who have sat for General Certificate of Education in Advanced Level (GCE A/L) and have not obtained three (03) simple passes shall follow Certificate Course in Logistics Management (CCLM) during the first year of the degree program
- Those who have completed the General Certificate of Education in Ordinary Level (GCE O/L) / Edexcel Ordinary Level / Cambridge Ordinary Level shall follow the Foundation Programme and complete to become eligible to enter for the first year of the degree program
- Colombo – 28th March 2022
- Kandy KIC – Feb 2022
Course structure and modules
- Introduction to Supply Chain and Logistics
- Business English
- Business Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Business Statistics
- The essence of Management and Organizational Behavior
- Industrial IoT
- Management Information Systems and Computer Applications
- Operations Management
- Management Accounting
- Effective Communication Skills
- Logistics Economics
- Operations Research Practices
- Import and Export Management
- Human Resource Management
- Statistical Modeling
- Outdoor Life Skills Training
- Course Fee – LKR 200,000
- Registration Fee – LKR 2,000
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB & NDB banks. Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities.