Advanced Diploma Programmes
Advanced Diploma in International Relations
International relations is the scientific study intergovernmental affairs. It concerns all activities between states such as foreign policy, war, diplomacy, trade, intergovernmental organizations, international non-governmental organizations, international legal bodies and multinational corporations.
The Advanced Diploma in International Relations (ADIR) leading to the BA (Hons.) through the Higher National Diploma in International Relations (HNDIR) is a uniquely designed highly structured course in the area of International Relations that provides the students with a sound knowledge in the subject from an introductory level.
1. Provide a basic knowledge on both theory and practical aspects of International Relations.
2. Provide an understanding about International Relations and the theoretical concepts of the International Relations.
3. Provide an understanding of world politics in post World War II, new trends in the International Systems and changes in the regional level.
4. Provide appropriate knowledge about the contemporary issues in International Politics, Civil Conflicts, International Terrorism, Arms Control.
5. Develop communication and other skills & competencies related to the field of International Relations
• GCE AL 3 passes with 5 credits for OL including English
• GCE AL – pending results with 5 credit passes for GCE OL including English
• For those with 2 passes in GCE AL will have to complete the Certificate Course in International Relations offered by the NIBM
- Colombo – 10th October 2022
Course structure and modules
• Introduction to International Relations and International Politics
• Foundation of Modern Society
• Post Second World War and International Politics
• Applied Politics
• Sri Lanka foreign policy after independence
• Introduction to International Law
• SAARC and Regional Corporations
• UN and other International Organizations
- LKR 200,000/- (Course Fee) + LKR 2,000/- (Registration Fee)