Advanced Diploma Programmes
Advanced Diploma in Facility Maintenance Management
Maintenance management is the administrative, financial, and technical framework for assessing and planning maintenance operations on a scheduled basis. This is a business concept that describes the successful and efficient management of maintenance issues involved in the upkeep, operation and productivity of a factory, manufacturing facility or plant. A Maintenance Manager’s goal is to increase productivity and profit through improved operations.
Facility & Maintenance management is an evolving discipline. As guidelines change, it is generally more profitable to be prepared for what the next level of rules will likely require for compliance. Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy work environment normally facilitates the implementation of environmental improvements.
The programme aims to develop the strategic vision of the participants to manage their own sphere of activity, focuses on the development of creative thinking and innovative management, and encourages context and situation specific learning. This will result in the maintenance management related process improvement and productivity of the workplaces.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
- Degree with one year of working experience in the relevant field
- G.C.E A/L with minimum of 3 years working experience in the relevant field
- O/L with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field
- Colombo – November 2023
Course structure and modules
- Managerial Skills
- Principles of Facility Management (Core)
- Business Analytics
- Laws for Industrial Safety and Health (Core)
- Productivity and Quality Management (Core)
- Information Technology & Project Management
- Environmental Management (Core)
- Financial Control in Maintenance
- Total Productive Maintenance (Core)
- Operational Research Practices (Core)
- Independent Project
- Course Fee: LKR 200,000 + Registration Fee: LKR 5,000