/ Programmes / MSc Data Science
MSc Data Science
The aim of the MSc in Data Science is to support students with little previous experience of data analysis or computer programming and to help them to gain new skills such as working with databases; statistical thinking; programming in high-level languages; modelling; applying data science tools and packages; machine learning; information retrieval; data visualisation and addressing the challenges of big data. This degree is offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK.
DepartmentBusiness Analytics Centre
Successful completion of BSc(Hons) Data Science Coventr
Those who have completed a degree with at least a 2.2 in a discipline with significant IT, Computing, Mathematics and Statistics content in a recognised institution (upon validation of the Degree/Higher Diploma by NIBM) with 3-years’ experience in the relevant field are eligible to enrol for the master’s degree.
1. Data Science degree – Coventry or any other reputed university
2. Degree in computer science, mathematics, with 3 years data science experience
3. Any other degree with five years’ experience in the related fields and the following pre-requisite 03 courses to be selected offered by NIC
a. Introduction to data science
b. Programming for data science
c. Big data analytics
d. Basic mathematics/ Statistics
e. Computer programming C++ or Java, SQL
Other applicants with non-standard qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by Coventry University.
- NIC (Kirulapona) – 23rd April 2023
Course structure and modules
- Principles of Data Science
- Programming for Data Science
- Information Retrieval
- Big Data Analytics Technologies
- Data Visualisation and Communication
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Data Science Project
- Course Fee: LKR 1,000,000/- + Registration Fee: 25,000/-
All course fees can be paid in instalments.