MBA Global Business
LKR 25,000 (Registration fee)
Payable in 4 installments.
Student loan facilities are available from BOC, NSB & NDB banks. Please contact us to get support with the student loan facilities
Develop the skills you need to join a new generation of strategic business leaders while learning to create, develop and sustainably grow organisations which competitively operate in a global context.
Graduates of this course demonstrate advanced expertise in marketing, finance, human resource management, international business, international trade, project management, strategy and leadership. Learning is very much applied: you’ll get the exposure to practical skills and the world of work, and you’ll graduate as a confident, career-ready individual with real employer appeal in any industry.
The course is available on part-time basis and will suit anyone, from recent graduates to those who have been working for some years.
Why NIBM School of Business?
With a legacy of more than five decades, NIBM School of Business offers a wider range of programmes that prospective students can start at practically any educational level and grow up to the highest levels in business education which also will enable them to reach the highest levels in the organization in any part of the world. The affiliations it holds with leading foreign universities, the recognition it holds from a variety of professional bodies from all over the world, and the reputation it has earned from the industry for producing high-caliber graduates have made the brand name of the NIBM School of Business famous and high-flying.
Launched in 2022, The National Centre for Future Business (NCFB) located in Colombo, functions as the main facility of NIBM School of Business. This is a state-of-the-art central hub for futuristic business education, entrepreneurship development, technology driven industry collaboration, together with business and entrepreneurship research and development.
An international outlook with global opportunities
Career-ready graduates with the skills to succeed
The support you need in the most futuristic business center
Heart of the city
Easily accessible and is in the heart of Colombo
This MBA in Global Business could be your passport to a global life and a high-flying career in business within an international context. Besides, deepening your existing awareness of the theory and practice of business will help you to develop essential lifelong skills including critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, data analysis, effective communication, leadership, and change management. These will serve you in any business discipline and at any stage of your career.
This course takes a very practical approach to learning, so you’ll have significant exposure to business techniques and their application in the industry. You’ll have a plenty of opportunities to mingle with real employers, to undertake collaborative leadership projects and to work effectively as part of a cross-cultural team.
You’ll study 9 mandatory modules and your choice of 3 optional modules, including a special project in your final term. You can tailor your studies to your future career ambitions by exploring these subjects from the perspective of a start-up, an SME or a large sector-leading enterprise. Whatever you choose, you’ll advance your skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, data analysis, effective communication, leadership and management. All modules are mandatory, unless otherwise mentioned.
- Leadership: Towards Mastery of Leading Self & Global Cultures
- Marketing in a Global Age
- Global Strategic Management
- Managerial Finance
- Leadership: Towards Mastery of Leading Change and inclusivity
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Strategic Project Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods
Final Project Options
- Entrepreneurship Business Plan
- Internship Consulting Project
If you choose this MBA, you’ll have the chance to develop into a fully rounded business leader with transferrable skills which will enable you to succeed in a wide variety of disciplines, industries and locations.
Outcome Based Learning (OBL)
This is a comprehensive, career-building course which has been developed in consultation with industry experts, so the curriculum teaches what employers are looking for in graduates. Learning includes work-based activities and assessments, live projects for clients, company visits, leadership lectures, and training in career planning and guidance with career paths. Upon successful completion of the course, you will graduate with excellent prospects for career progression.
Learn from Industry Experts
Every aspect of the course engages with the latest business and best practice, which you will learn from a qualified lecture panel who is competent in both academia and in global business context. You will also be privileged to learn from global experts.
This MBA course has been carefully designed to reflect business systems, standards and practices around the world. It draws upon international case studies and promotes cross-cultural fluency among students on international collaborations. You will develop confidence when dealing with people and organisations around the world, and you will understand how to respond to issues faced by companies located in other countries; multi-national organisations; and businesses which trade internationally.
This course emphasises research-informed teaching, ethically sound employment-related activities and the development of skills, behaviours and values which are desirable in competent business professionals. Through this multi-discipline approach, the MBA Global Business aims to prepare you for a wide range of leadership and management roles wherever you want to work in the world. With this recognition, you will be able to get employed in business roles across a wide range of organisations.
In more details…
You will have the opportunity to:
- Receive work-experience opportunities, including live projects for clients
- Enjoy a truly multi-cultural experience since you’ll have the chance to study alongside students drawn from multiple backgrounds and exposure
- Receive career advices from guest speakers (in person or virtually)
- Collaborate with businesses across different industries
- Participate in a university-wide student-led mentoring society
- Gain business start-up advice and support from our Talent Team
Your main study themes are:
- Managing change – you’ll learn to identify and respond to constant economic, environmental, social and technological change, enabling you to help future-proof any organisation
- Entrepreneurship – a detailed understanding of entrepreneurship will always serve you at any stage of your own businesses, and to spin a new business out of an organisation, or to develop new ideas within an existing business
- Internationalisation – you’ll learn how approaches to issues such as labour, ethics, sustainability and finance differ globally, equipping you to work overseas, or within a multi-national, or within an importing/exporting organisation
- Collaboration – management and leadership cannot exist in isolation; the ability to work with other people, at every level, will be essential to your future professional progression
- Applied learning is at the heart of this course, so you’ll have a hands-on, work-oriented experience throughout. This approach ensures the development of invaluable soft skills including confidence, communication, teamwork, presentation, and the collation and use of information.
- Although you’ll spend time in lectures and in both lecturer-led and student-led seminars, your learning will be enhanced by practical exercises, collaborations and real work experience.
- Within the classroom, you’ll have the chance to experience realistic business simulations, group projects and case studies. You’ll also be able to enjoy our excellent guest lectures, thanks to our wide network of prestigious alumni, leading academics and industry leaders (subject to availability).
- Beyond the classroom, there are opportunities for work-based projects and work experience with any of a large network of employers, especially as part of the modules. You could also learn more about global business by participating in local and international company visits.
- You could choose to enhance your personal and professional skills by engaging in extra-curricular activities ,mentoring (or being mentored by) other students, and volunteering.
- Teaching methods include: Learning Journey, assessment and feedback hour, workshops, case studies, debates, consultancy projects, simulations, business plans, online collaborations.
- All of your assessments on this MBA programme have been designed to be career-relevant. That is to say, they reflect the kind of work you would do in industry, and your assessors will take an employer’s-eye view of the way those tasks are performed, both in terms of content and delivery. This will help you to respond to the demands of future employers and to become increasingly self-aware in assessing your own leadership performance.
- Every assessment will encourage you to be able to prove your subject knowledge while demonstrating your ability to write professional reports, structure logical arguments, analyse data, or make a compelling presentation. Your assessments will therefore consist of a mixture of seminar and workshop activities, debates, presentations, written assignments, and individual and group work.
On completion, you’ll be able to:
- understand the impact of external forces such as legal, corporate governance and ethical frameworks; and economic, environmental, social and technological change
- articulate strategies for the development of markets for resources, goods and services, and for measuring the expectations of customers
- understand the production and marketing of goods and/or services in a range of international contexts, while optimising resource management and operational efficiency
- discuss the sources, uses and management of finance, and understand the practices for managerial and financial reporting and their application for efficient cost management
- manage and develop people within international organisations while taking into account organisational behaviour, industrial relations, human resource management, and change management
- evaluate the uses and limitations of a range of research techniques for investigating complex global business issues
- appraise relevant information systems and digital technologies, and their impact on internal and external communication, within a continuously developing knowledge-based economy
- collaborate with and lead diverse teams to develop appropriate business policies and strategies within a changing context, and to justify the benefits to meet stakeholder interests.
As an innovative and enterprising institution, we may seek to utilise emerging technologies within the student experience. For all courses (whether on-premise, blended, or distance learning), the delivery of certain contact hours and assessments will happen via online technologies and methods.
|Week 1 to Week 3
|6 hours per week
Every aspect of this course is internationalised, as you would expect from its title. To support this, and to enable you to put your learning into both global context and practice, there are opportunities for you to engage with employers and institutions in other countries.
For example, if you choose to do an internship or consultancy project with an employer, you could arrange to undertake it in another country. There will be opportunities for field trips where you would visit businesses, or major events.
The fact that you will study as part of a diverse international cohort means you will have many opportunities to learn, and gain vital experience in working effectively with people from many different cultures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline of Business is required. Applicants with a degree in another discipline may be admitted after consideration on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications from candidates with relevant experience are encouraged and will be considered on an individual basis.
- Careful monitoring of applications to ensure that applicants are suited to the course takes place. Where necessary, applicants are interviewed, especially those who do not appear to meet standard admissions criteria. Where necessary, a written exercise may be administered to check suitability.
- When English is not the applicant’s first language, an adequate proficiency in English must be demonstrated. This would normally be a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no component less than 5.5) or equivalent.
Fees and Funding
This course may incur additional costs (all of which are optional) associated with any field trips (local and international), any other opportunities (whether required or optional), which could include (but is not limited to) travel, accommodation, activities and visas.
- The way you decide to use your MBA may depend on your requirements. You may have been studying part-time, having remained employed and needing this qualification to be able to progress with your current employer. You might want a complete change of career direction, or you may have embarked on the course immediately after your undergraduate studies. Whatever your reason, you’ll be well-equipped – and impressively qualified – to pursue the business career of your choice, regardless of industry or sector.
- You will have expertise in strategy, marketing, leadership, finance, global human resource management, international business, internal trade, and project management – all within an international context. In terms of invaluable ‘soft’ skills, you’ll possess well-developed powers of analysis, clear perspectives on strategy and strategic thinking, and highly effective communication and research skills. These are all in demand from employers in private, public, and third-sector organisations around the world.
Where our graduates work
- The wide-ranging content of this MBA offers considerable flexibility: to specialise in one of the management disciplines or to take an overview of them all.
- You might choose to work in industry or the service sector – particularly the increasingly important knowledge economy. You might decide to go into consultancy, joining a leading global firm or a more ‘niche’ business specialising in a particular sector or management function.
- Your MBA from Coventry University London offers a superb opportunity to develop a successful career which could lead to executive, board-level or partnership opportunities. Some of our students have successfully set up their own businesses, supported by our entrepreneurship modules and enterprise team.
Contact an Advisor
NIBM School of Business,
011 792 7000