Advanced Diploma Programmes
Advanced Diploma in Logistics Management (Part-Time)
Logistics Management is the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption to meet customers’ requirements (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)).
Logistics is a dynamic and evolving area. It is not a subject that needs to be taught, but one needs to be continuously developed. The managerial discipline associated with logistics continues to transform the competitive landscape and has become one of today’s key business drivers. Both the academic and business world now accept the need to adopt a complete view of logistics and acknowledge that it should be treated as a distinct management operation and function in its own right. Consequently, interest in the professional study of logistics continues to grow in all private and public sector organizations.
The program aims to develop the strategic vision of the participants to manage their sphere of activity, focuses on the development of creative thinking and innovative management, and encourages context and situation-specific learning.
DepartmentProductivity and Quality Centre
CampusColombo / Galle / KIC /
Part-Time (Professional Participants)
- Those who are completed a bachelor’s degree and employed
- G.C.E A/L qualification with more than three years of working experience in the relevant field
- G.C.E O/L qualification with more than five years of working experience in the relevant field
- Advanced Certificate (SLQF level 2, NVQ level 4) offered by a recognized institute with more than one year of working experience in the relevant field
- Those who have completed a one-year foundation program and employed in the appropriate area for more than three years.
- Colombo – 09th January 2022
Course structure and modules
- Introduction To Supply Chain And Logistics
- Logistics Economics
- Management Information Systems
- Business Analytics
- Industrial Law And Industrial Relations
- Operations Management
- Free Zone, Hub, And Port Operations
- Warehousing, And Inventory Control Management
- Materials Management
- Operations Research Practices
- International Trade Theories
- Introduction To Research Methods
- Course Fee – LKR 200,000
- Registration Fee – LKR 2,000