Workshop on Project Management in a computer environmentApply Online
CategoryWorkshops and Seminars
DurationFive days (Thursdays/Fridays)
After following this course, a participant will be able to plan, execute and monitor a project effectively with the assistance of software applications. Particularly a participant will learn to develop project plans, manage project resources and learn how to report project status realistically. A basic understanding of project management is desired but not mandatory.
Entry RequirementsThis course is mainly aimed at project managers, team leaders, team members of projects. It will also be useful for students who want to enhance their computer based project management skills.
Syllabus / Content
- Fundamentals of project management (Planning, Best practices, Scope of the project, Schedule, Resources, Introduction of Project Management software tools, Differences between tools and versions)
- Starting a project (Setting the project start date and options, Defining project phases, deliverables and detailed tasks, Summarizing and indenting tasks, Networked view and the critical path, editing task relationships, project constrains)
- Assigning resources (Defining resources, Categories of resources, Project and resource calendars, Entering and managing resources, work-hour considerations, managing workloads, Optimization of resources)
- Managing Project costs (Labor, equipment, material unit and fixed costs, How to manage different types of costs using application software, Preparing budgets, forecasting costs to be incurred)
- Setting the plan and tracking the progress (Creating a baseline plan, Previewing a baseline report, Interim plans and Tracking project process)
- Project analysis (Sorting and filtering data, Gantt Charts, Resolving time restrictions and resource conflicts, generating reports, using drawing tools, customizing the software applications)
Fee & FundingRS.15000.00
Lectures & Practicals0900 hrs – 1600 hrs
* or if you have already informedApply Online