Advanced Certificate in Computer Networking (ACCN)-CCNAApply Online
After successful completion of the program, participants should be able to: 1. Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies to prepare for the CCENT and CCNA certification exams, networking related degree programs, and entry-level careers. 2. The language used to describe networking concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension. 3. Courses emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills. 4. Multimedia learning tools, including videos, games, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles and promote increased knowledge retention. 5. Hands-on labs and Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills. 6. Embedded assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired
Entry RequirementsThose currently employed in networking field and plan to start computer Networking
Syllabus / Content
- Introduction to Networks
- Introduces architecture, structure, functions and components
- Models of the Internet and computer networks.
- The principles of IP addressing
- Fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network.
- Configure a router and a switch n a small network.
- Configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and
- Resolve common issues with RIPv1, RIPv2, single-area and multi-area OSPF, virtual LANs.
- Inter-VLAN routing in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Scaling Networks
- Architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a large and complex network.
- Configure routers and switches for advanced functionality.
- Configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP, STP, and VTP in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- implement DHCP and DNS operations in a network.
- Connecting Networks
- WAN technologies and network services required by converged applications in a complex network
- understand the selection criteria of network devices and WAN technologies to meet network requirements
- Configure and troubleshoot network devices and resolve common issues with data link protocols.
- implement IPSec and virtual private network (VPN) operations in a complex network
- Introduction to Networks
Fee & Funding
MethodologyLectures and Practicals
Course Director(s)Mr.K A Milan Maduranga (Colombo)
Lectures & PracticalsBatch 1 :Saturday (9.00am-18.00pm) 280h
Batch 2 :Weekdays evening
* or if you have already informedApply Online