Diploma in Quantity SurveyingApply Online
Duration1 Year (Full Time/ Part time)
- To create an opportunity to gain a Diploma in Quantity Surveying along with knowledge in Practical skills and Management techniques.
- For the participants to enhance their breadth and depth of knowledge and qualifications in Quantity Surveying.
- Understanding of management techniques, principles and thinking is invaluable for the student to progress to senior roles within the construction industry.
- The Diploma in Quantity Surveying emphasis on the Economic, Legal, Financial and Managerial theories and techniques of the construction process for the student to obtain an in-depth knowledge in these sectors.
Entry RequirementsParticipants must satisfy any one of the following entry criteria:
* Two passes at A/L in Mathematics or Bio stream
*Sat for G.C.E A/L in Mathematics or Bio stream and GCE O/L with five credits including maths and English
* G.C.E O/L with a credit for Mathematics and English with 1 year of working experience in a relevant field
* Successfully completed an advanced certificate in Quantity Surveying or a related field (SLQF level 2, NVQ level 4) offered by a recognized institute.
* Any other qualification accepted by the interviewing pane
Syllabus / Content
- Semester 1
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Drawing
- Basic Building Measurements
- Civil Engineering Technology-machinery
- Information Technology
- Semester 2
- Civil Engineering Measurements
- Building Technology
- Building Economics
- Contract law and Dispute resolution
- Semester 3
- Building Services
- Tendering and Estimating
- Construction Project Management
- Quantity Surveying Project
- Semester 1
Fee & Funding
MethodologyLectures / Assignments / Tutorial Sessions / Demonstrations and Practical Sessions.
Course Director(s)Mr. Gihan Weerasekara (Colombo)
Lectures & Practicals09.00 am - 04.00 pm
* or if you have already informedApply Online