National Institute of Business Management (NIBM) was established in 1968
under the purview of the Ministry of Industries and Scientific Affairs
in collaboration with the UNDP, with the ILO functioning as the executing
agency. On first June 1976, the Institute was incorporated as the National
Institute of Business Management. Since its establishment, the NIBM has
aimed at achieving excellence in the programmes it offers to It's clients
who are drawn from both the public and private sectors of Sri Lanka, as
well as those from overseas countries who availed themselves of its services.
In May 2004 the NIBM was brought under the purview of the Ministry of
Skills Development, Vocational and Technical Education.
Currently NIBM functions as a statutory body under the Ministry of Youth
Affairs and Skill Development.
- To provide Business Management Education and Training.
- To provide Management Consultancy and Advisory Services.
- To facilitate improvement of Productivity.
These objectives are achieved through
the following divisions established by the Institute
- The Productivity and Management Development Division.
- The Management Information Systems Division.